Tuesday, January 19, 2010

2Q10 #2: Living the Dream

Monday, most states observed Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.'s birthday. The U.S. has come a long way since the American Civil Rights Movement and closer to the vision Dr. King laid out in his famous, "I Have a Dream," speech. Yet, our country has a long road of progress ahead with respect to racial, gender, age, disability, and economic equality. What is your dream for the progress of our nation or world, and how do you see yourself in making your dream a reality?

1 comment:

SharonDB said...

Geez, that is a huge question... I could write paragraphs... But with so much going on right now, I think it best to try to be short & sweet here lest I get too disheartened w/ hardships going on in the world presently. I dream of a world where people were empathetic of those around them. Where policies are empathetic as well (though within practical bounds, e.g. you sometimes don't have the budget for full empathy but it might figure into future or alternate plans...). Where nations are empathetic to each other's differences. I make this a reality by starting with myself.