Sunday, November 23, 2008

QueZZtion of the Week - November 23, 2008

Thanksgiving is upon us in just a few more days. It's one of those holidays where we run around crazy in order to prepare our homes, our meals...and let's not forget...mentally prepare ourselves for the impending takeover of our homes. Or, maybe you don't have that preparation as no one comes to you, but instead you go somewhere else. Whatever the case may be, in the midst of knowing who you will see and what all needs to be done, it is sometimes easy to forget that the true purpose of the holiday is written in it's name....

It is time to be THANKFUL. This gives me my question: What are you thankful for this year?

On that note, I'll begin: I'm thankful for....
- my husband, who sacrifices time we could have together to make an honest living and provide for us so we can clear up debt
- my family, specifically my mother who listens without judgement, my father and sister just for always being there, my grandmother who is still with us, and the extended family I was able to reconnect with this year
- my job for providing me headaches (oh, wait... not thankful for that part, except that it means I HAVE a job) because I get to be with 24 third graders all day, many of which show their affection and make me realize how important I am in their lives
- my old friends who have remained by my side through the years
- my new-found friends who have blessed me by letting me into their lives
- the roof over my head
- my ability to go back to school to (supposedly) better myself
- and the furball in my lap (my cat), who shows me daily her love and provides me comfort when I most need it.

2 comments:

cmeinstlou said...

-I am thankful for my girls. They would make any mother proud and I simply adore them.
-My husband. He's my dream man, handsome, rough N tough yet sensitive in a tough sort of way. He's my best friend, my protector, the love of my life.
-My family. Though they have a tendancy to drive me crazy at times, I wouldnt trade them for the world.
-My job & home. I really do have a great job and work with some awesome people which helps me stay in the home hubby & I have poured much time, sweat and love into.
-Everyday beauty. Sunrises, Sunsets, rolling hills, puffy clouds in a striking blue sky, dont forget to "see" these things that we look at everyday, they are truely beautiful.
-Last, but not least, friends. Online sb friends, nearby friends, work friends, any kind. They are the ones who let you cry on their shoulder or are there to laugh with you. I am extremely fortunate to have some really awesome friends!

SharonDB said...

- I'm thankful for my hubby, who is one of the most amazing people I've ever known. He cracks me up daily, he's loving, appreciative, comforting, inspirational, beautiful inside & out. He's my everything!

- I'm thankful for my incredible family; we are all so different yet w/ mad mutual admiration, love & respect for one another. I'm also grateful for my extended relatives too.

- I'm thankful for my chosen family of friends - online & IRL. Any time I feel alone or distant, just remembering the fabulous people I've connected w/ helps me through!

- I'm thankful for my health as well as the health, emotional & physical, of those I love. Health can never be taken for granted.

- I'm thankful for my job, which gratefully grants an income while allowing me to balance in my Real Life. Not every job does that, I know from experience!

- The roof over our heads, the clothes on our backs, the food in our kitchens... Many people in the world do not have these blessings.

- My beloved hobbies (eg working out, scrapbooking, etc!). Having things I love to do is the best condiment to life!

- Inspired by Christy's answer, I too must say everyday beauty. A funny, heartwarming exchange w/ a stranger. Eating a piece of favorite fruit & taking your time doing it. A gorgeous sunny day. A song that moves you. Despite life's difficulties, there's so much to be cherished in our lives! :o)