Thanksgiving is upon us in just a few more days. It's one of those holidays where we run around crazy in order to prepare our homes, our meals...and let's not forget...mentally prepare ourselves for the impending takeover of our homes. Or, maybe you don't have that preparation as no one comes to you, but instead you go somewhere else. Whatever the case may be, in the midst of knowing who you will see and what all needs to be done, it is sometimes easy to forget that the true purpose of the holiday is written in it's name....
It is time to be THANKFUL. This gives me my question: What are you thankful for this year?
On that note, I'll begin: I'm thankful for....
- my husband, who sacrifices time we could have together to make an honest living and provide for us so we can clear up debt
- my family, specifically my mother who listens without judgement, my father and sister just for always being there, my grandmother who is still with us, and the extended family I was able to reconnect with this year
- my job for providing me headaches (oh, wait... not thankful for that part, except that it means I HAVE a job) because I get to be with 24 third graders all day, many of which show their affection and make me realize how important I am in their lives
- my old friends who have remained by my side through the years
- my new-found friends who have blessed me by letting me into their lives
- the roof over my head
- my ability to go back to school to (supposedly) better myself
- and the furball in my lap (my cat), who shows me daily her love and provides me comfort when I most need it.